Thursday, February 5, 2009

You can't make this shit up. Or maybe you can.


According to Wikipedia:

"Nikola Tesla, Mark Twain, and Bertha von Suttner combine forces to try to bring about world peace through superior firepower. The comic's introduction shows Twain explaining that the story does not concern itself very much with historical accuracy, and this assertion is borne out by the story: Twain and Tesla use scientific know-how, general trickery and media manipulation techniques to try to scare world leaders into following their noble path. In the company of several allies, the two are soon confronted by dark forces led by the dastardly Thomas Edison, John Pierpont Morgan, Andrew Carnegie and Guglielmo Marconi."

The dastardly Thomas Edison. For real.

Ugh, so, I'm sick. But this'll give me more time to lie in bed and knit.Except when I have to work.

Why, yes, work. I managed to score a little unofficial job with some candidates running for local office, helping with events and organizing their hoards of paperwork and computer files that haven't been in at least two years. It's kind of a giant mess, but the woman is super-nice, and I definitely like organizing [when it's not for myself]. Plus, it's purty tasty to have a little cash coming in during my work-downtime, and working for a campaign is great fun, as well as helpful to teh resume. My fantastic three-year plan involves working for local government while taking culinary classes and saxophone lessons, which'll set me up for politics, owning a bakery, and starting a ska band...what?

Now, gonna down some tea and NyQuil and knit until I pass out drooling on myself and said knitting. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment