Wednesday, May 13, 2009

There comes a time in every girl's life when she realizes she must grow up and...buy a banjo.

Sooooo, which one should it be? I've found the most spectacular site of banjo lovers who have been a wonderful help, but still can't decide!

Shmeh?

Or Shmeh (click for bigger on both)?

I think I'm worried about the construction of one versus the appearance of the other. And also underrating/overrating either of them in those departments. I've heard a lot about this thing called BAS (Banjo Acquisition Syndrome), and want to make sure I'm buying something good enough that I can put off that seemingly inevitable disease for as long as humanly possible. I've heard of people upgrading after their first couple months because of love and progress, etc, and I surely don't have the funds to want [to want] to do that. What if I buy the prettier one but it turns out to not be made well and I feel the need to upgrade? What if I buy the possibly better-constructed one, but advance so quickly I feel the need for a more traditional-looking/pretty one? Plus, the blonde maple is slightly uncommon and neat - unless the banjo sucks.

I mean, I'll probably get sucked into buying a more expensive one eventually, but which will allow me to put it off for the absolute longest?

No comments:

Post a Comment