Saturday, January 31, 2009

I swear I'm not crazy.

I keep hearing other 23-26 year olds lamenting over how all "the good ones" are already engaged or married, since the first of our friends have started both getting rings and thinking about cake like crazy (hey, I'm halfway there...caaake...).

But I thought, "Wait! Have you seen the divorce rate in this country?!"

So basically my plan for life is catching some poor, emotionally-tormented sack on the worst kind of rebound. Perhaps my other flaws won't see so detrimental once they see that I'm actually sane, a characteristic they will have forgotten exists (even in themself).

Okay, done.


In other, crochetier news, two more hats have been thrown in the charity mix. Erika finished her lovely green scarf and last I heard had "made a circle" for a hat! We wondered why our scarves looked so freaking different, but figured out days later that I was doing double crochet and she was doing something like double crochet, except instead of pulling through two stitches and two stitches again, she pulled through one and then three stitches.

Perhaps to a more seasoned crocheter that sounds really dumb, but it was an exciting mystery for us. Erika had a coupon to the craft store today, too, so hopefully she will be swinging my way with another skein. I think after another hat I'm going to try my hand at mittens. Kinda nerve-wracking, even though the worst scenario would be froggin' it.

P.S. This is my first time getting to use the yarncraft phrase "froggin' it", and I feel it went pretty well. Thoughts?

In addition to new Pom & Clem today, I'm currently playing around with some ideas for another webcomic or two (that may involve LEGOS). It'll be neat. Well then, off to draw, write, explore, and eventually watch my own brain explode. If I'm not back in three days, send hotties. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment