Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's a hilariously embarrassing time to be from Illinois.

Thanks, buddy!

Do people in other states find it as funny as I do that George Bush had an approval rating of 22% when left office, and Rod Blagojevich had an approval rating of 13% BEFORE THE SCANDAL? Damn, dude.

On the plus side, the federal government has been awesome this week! And, hey, when was the last time we could say that? Repealing the Global Gag Rule, passing the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, halting the "11th hour assault" on Yellowstone wolves, etc, etc, etc. I mean, QUA?! For the first time in forever I don't feel like I'm fighting my government! Is that even legal?

Before I go, I'd like to add this little gem from P.K. Winsome's segment on The Colbert Report, which is kinda how I've been feeling about the question "Did you think you'd live to see this day [when a Black man would become president]?"


Call me stinky liberal idealist or whathaveyou, but I agree...and wish this shirt actually existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment